An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growth independent digital media agency that focuses on performance and results through integrated experiences. In this position you would be responsible for defining the Analytics & data strategy, implementation, and ongoing optimization of clients reporting, implementation, campaigns and experiences. As a thought leader on data-driven marketing, you will be instrumental in developing analytic strategies for propensity-based targeting, ROI measurement, cross-channel reporting and attribution as a critical component of our clients’ integrated multichannel marketing campaigns.
The Head of Data & Analytics is responsible for enabling a culture of Data Driven Decision making across all Functions through maximization of internal and external system data. Continuously evaluate the latest technologies and solutions to fully exploit data through rapid and innovative methods. Partner with client leads to define, measure and report out performance metrics against agreed upon targets including root cause analysis and commentary collection for variances.
Responsible for the development of visualization tools/dashboards for end user consumption. Ensure participation and utilization of external benchmarking and competitive analysis. Seek out opportunities to apply automation of manual data consolidation and reporting by Line Function users.
- Play the role of discipline lead for data strategy, insights, measurement, reporting and optimization across key clients
- Interpret business needs to develop strategic, KPI-based measurement plans and analysis
- Set the standard for work and lead the team to inspiring data and insights-driven solutions
- Deliver an exceptional level of detail to a variety of audiences (whom have a wide range of analytical experience) via mastery of effective writing and presenting of highly technical ideas
- Give a voice to the data and influence future efforts using the power of your data insights
- Provide strategic direction that ladders back up to clients’ business objectives
- Look for ways to enhance team deliverables through storytelling and advanced analytics
- Continuously deepen relationships based on mutual respect and trust with internal and external partners and clients
- Understand and apply learnings across the Analytics team to set best practices
- Set priorities for the Analytics team, and work independently to manage those priorities
- Provide staffing recommendations and scopes for project management and new client work
- Create and foster relationships with senior brand and Analytics clients
- Work with CDO to define the vision and build the execution plan for analytics across clients and internal marketing programs
- Ad Hoc support for analyzing paid media campaigns and website performance (internal and external)
- Advanced understanding of multichannel marketing analytics with a focus on digital (e.g., web, email, paid media, social media, organic search and mobile apps)
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion to self-educate and keep up to date on the latest marketing analytics trends and tools
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Life Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of data visualization tools, : Google Data Studio, etc.
- 5+ years Experience in GA (GA4 a Plus), GTM, Data Studio, Optimize and supermetrics
- Solid Organization and Documentation Skills
- Ability to Translate Data into Meaningful Insights and Recommendations
- Strong Communication Skills (Internal & Client)
- Ability to Handle Analytics Requests Across All Clients
- Core Capabilities: Site Audits (including Technical), Site Implementations, Managing Complex Implementations with a Development Team, Troubleshooting Issues, Generating Reports and Queries
- Expertise in A/B testing and multichannel attribution a plus
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all organizational levels through clear, concise, and impactful verbal and written communication skills. required
- 5+ years agency experience
- Experience using a variety of digital analytics tools – Adobe (Experience Cloud, Analytics, Audience Manager) and/or Google (Analytics, Tag Manager, DV360).
- Experience in digital paid, owned, and organic channel strategies, analytics, and optimization
- 5+ year’s experience defining and generating business performance metrics is required
- Google analytics Implementation experience (universal, GA4)
- Extensive experience working with data visualization tools
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
Adept [a Smith Company]
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
- We live and breathe our Core Values:
- Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
- Connectivity - Trusted, collaborative, dependable
- Clarity - Empathetic, understanding, concise
- Pragmatism - Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
- Storytelling - Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- Company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change
- Company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- Challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- Fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pet insurance, 401K, PTO, parental leave, paid holidays, work-from-home Fridays, summer hours, expense reimbursement, continuing education, volunteer opportunities, team events, in-office snacks.