Manager, Performance Media
Unique opportunity to help build and shape a world-class Digital Media practice within a fast-paced, rapidly growing agency environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in flexible environments, can work independently to manage projects and deliverables, and is able to lead a strong team of professionals to deliver outstanding service and results for our clients.
- The primary function of the Performance Media Manager is to develop and execute high performing digital marketing and customer acquisition plans that meet business objectives.
- The Manager of Performance Media leads the performance team & oversees all day to-day paid digital media efforts in collaboration with our internal teams, including, reviewing plans and optimization, trafficking of assets between creative and media partners, campaign creation and optimization and surfacing real time trends we are seeing within our larger digital team
- This role will serve as an expert resource for internal teams on all things performance media including: retargeting, SEM media opportunities, platform best practices, and constant environmental changes across all channels including Search, Display, and Online Video, as well as paid retargeting/remarketing efforts.
- This position must utilize judgement and individual discretion for daily decision making on optimization of Company’s media advertising strategies, media planning, and buying
- This position consults with the Sr. Director Paid Media and or CDO to schedule and prepare budgets and strategies.
- Help define budgets for client based on client’s KPI goals and keep control of the pacing
- Provide POV on performance related to Media best practices.
- Develop department-wide testing framework by analyzing performance daily to build testing pipeline across paid search, shopping, display, paid social and other performance tactics across client portfolio
- Passion for media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party ad tags
- Experience against multiple media buying strategies: self-service, managed buyer, partner negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration or communications.
- 3-5 years of experience running and managing Paid Search, Paid Social and/performance marketing in an agency environment.
- 2+ years of people/ team management experience
- Heavy hands-on digital media experience (including but not limited to site direct, programmatic, DSP/DMPs, CTV/OTT, Mobile, Social, SEM, etc
- Extensive knowledge on how different media is planned, placed and performs independently and together
- Strong analytics and reporting skills
- Ability to wear both strategic and tactical hats
- Effective leadership of strategic planning and all aspects of plan execution
- Polished presentation skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal form and in a clear and concise manner both internally and with clients; must be articulate, confident, passionate, and succinct
- Fluency in relevant media platform tools including Google Campaign Manager, Google Tag Manager, Attribution platforms,
- Oversee the work of multiple specialists, train technical knowledge, and manage workflow
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
We live and breathe our Core Values:
Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
Connectivity – Trusted, collaborative, dependable
Clarity – Empathetic, understanding, concise
Pragmatism – Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
Storytelling – Engaging, visual, inspiring
At ADEPT, we are committed to inclusion across gender, age, race, identity and religion. We proactively seek highly-qualified and diverse talent who not only make our work better, but also open our minds to different lived experiences. Diversity and inclusion is about more than representation; it’s about listening and learning to make our work, and each other, better. Be yourself - we can’t wait to work with you.
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- Company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes the ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change
- Company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- Challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- Fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
- We have a full social committee that coordinates 5K runs, book clubs, Adept Talks, happy hour, meditation groups, and events like Top Golf and Fall festivals
- New office space in January 2020 located between Downtown Columbus and Grandview