In January 2022, Smith, a global performance commerce agency, acquired Adept, a Columbus, Ohio-based agency best known for maximizing brand growth through digital marketing. Through this acquisition, the agency will deliver on its commitment to relentless optimization across all stages of the customer journey, transforming potential into performance.
The agency exists to be a catalyst for growth. Our purpose has influenced our approach to digital marketing and our ability to drive business value from our efforts. We offer a holistic approach by integrating our team of experts with deep knowledge in each channel.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
We are looking for an experienced brand marketer that is both strategically minded as well as execution oriented. This individual will help drive growth through the development of our brand and go to market position, as well as the implementation and management of high impact, lead generation activities. The successful candidate will need strong subject matter expertise in brand and corporate marketing and the B2B market.
Who You Are
The Paid Media Manager is responsible for managing the budget for all paid media dollars, and a portfolio of clients who run programmatic media, paid social and paid search campaigns.
What You’ll Do
- Drive results for our clients through highly effective , well executed media plans
- Handle campaign strategy, development, and implementation while building meaningful relationships with clients senior leadership
- Work with agency clients to develop paid media strategies, understand KPIs, business goals, and marketing objectives
- Develop media strategies across Paid Search, Paid Social, and Programmatic
- Regularly review campaign performance to conduct appropriate optimizations to meet target KPIs
- Lead client meetings to discuss campaign performance and insights
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure delivery of successful media campaigns
- Manage the following: Google AdWords, Bing ads, DoubleClick (DCM/Dart Search) platforms and running a variety of media tactics within those platforms such as SEM, GDN, Retargeting, RLSA, Video, and Shopping
- Working within programmatic platforms by strategizing, planning, building and optimizing within various DSPs.
- Provide programmatic strategy and solutions to media planners and client teams
- Provide subject matter expertise on programmatic analysis, DSP capabilities, and audience targeting
- Perform routine checks on campaigns to evaluate optimization opportunities including pulling site logs, reviewing audience segmentation, maintaining
- Work with clients as needed to explain our programmatic campaigns and performance
- Develop and maintain client-facing dashboard deliverables (daily, weekly, monthly) per campaign measurement requirements
- Proactively work with/support media teams to create data driven insights and recommendations for clients
- Identify opportunities to improve inefficiencies within current processes
- Produce analytic outputs for entire campaign lifecycle (measurement plans, campaign wrap-ups, pre-campaign analysis, etc.)
What We Look For
- Google Ads & Microsoft Ads certifications
- Experience working in Google AdWords, Bing ads, DoubleClick (DCM/Dart Search) platforms and running a variety of media tactics within those platforms such as SEM, GDN, Retargeting, RLSA, Video, and Shopping
- Minimum 5 years experience in Programmatic media buying / planning & Paid Search Management
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Search Engine Website & Desktop Tools (Google Ads Editor, Bing Ads Editor), Analytical Tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.), and 3rd party platform tools (Skai, Criteo, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or Business, Preferred
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experience with B2C & B2B paid media
- Experience in managing agency relationships and developing strategic campaigns and channel strategy
What Grabs Our Attention
- Media Agency or Client experience within a brand awareness and direct response/acquisition capacity
- Ability to understand business strategies and correlate business outcomes to media actions
- Expertise in developing data driven media strategies and strong digital media acumen (knowledge of programmatic, geo and hyper-targeting, retargeting)
- Experience collaborating with creative teams for joint, idea-led media plans
- Passion for driving results and innovating along the way
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and balance multiple dynamic priorities
- Influential storytelling skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical rigor
About Adept [a Smith Company]
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50. Learn more about Adept at www.adeptmarketing.com.
Smith is a performance commerce agency that designs and develops digital solutions, enabling over 500,000 transactions around the globe each day. With over 20 years of commerce expertise and an industry-leading blend of creative, analytical, and technical skills, we create innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, accelerate digital sales and optimize operations. A relentless focus on outcomes guides us as we partner with clients to create commerce experiences that help them thrive in the global economy, driving over $38 billion in revenue each year. Learn more about why Smith is the performance commerce company at www.smithcommerce.com.
We share our mission and values. Together, we can optimize every stage of the customer journey, transforming potential into performance.
What Makes Adept, a Smith Company, Special?
- We live and breathe our Core Values:
- Do The Right Thing
- Bring Our Best
- Make a Difference
- Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
- Connectivity – Trusted, collaborative, dependable
- Clarity – Empathetic, understanding, concise
- Pragmatism – Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
- Storytelling – Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- Company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- Flexible work environment - option to work remotely/out-of-state
- Opportunities for paid attendance to industry conferences, learning and training of your choosing
- Paid travel and hotel stays for in-office visits
- Summer Fridays
- A full social committee that coordinates 5K runs, book clubs, Adept Talks, happy hours, meditation groups, and events like Top Golf and Fall festivals
- New office space in January 2020 located between Downtown Columbus and Grandview
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision & pet insurance, 401K, PTO, parental leave, flexible schedules, paid holidays, summer half days, continuing education, volunteer opportunities, team events, in-office snacks.