This role is responsible for managing all aspects of the Design team including services, processes, team development, and quality of work. This role reports to the Director of Project Management & Experience.
- Determine tools, platforms and processes needed to make our design delivery successful.
- Identify when and how our current services should evolve or innovate based on emerging technologies or industry trends.
- Involved in project discovery to identify and document project requirements
- Integrates brand & creative strategy into visual design
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Apply research findings into design recommendations and plans.
- Ability to hypothesize tests and iterative design concepts.
- Prioritize website improvements based upon a client’s goals and budget.
- Translate website strategies or concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive, user-centered website experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories and/or mockups optimized for a range of devices.
- Champion new UX design ideas.
- Complete UX audits to identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Complete competitive audits to benchmark the client’s website against opponents and determine how they may improve to provide the best user experience possible.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development.
- Work with development team to create a seamless integration between UI & development
- Design QA and polish after development
- Estimate the number of hours design tasks will take to complete.
- 4+ years of design experience.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Balsamiq.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience using design systems / component libraries.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- A solid grasp of accessibility best practices.
- Strong design portfolio with case studies of past work.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant training in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design.
- Experience in User Testing to validate the design and interaction
- Experience interrupting UX research such as heatmaps or session recordings
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
We live and breathe our Core Values:
Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
Connectivity - Trusted, collaborative, dependable
Clarity - Empathetic, understanding, concise
Pragmatism - Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
Storytelling - Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- The company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change
- The company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- A challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- A fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
- We have a full social committee that coordinates 5K runs, book clubs, Adept Talks, happy hour, meditation groups, and events like Top Golf and Fall festivals
- New office space in January 2020 located between Downtown and Grandview
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pet insurance, 401K, PTO, parental leave, paid holidays, work-from-home Fridays, summer hours, expense reimbursement, continuing education, volunteer opportunities, team events, in-office snacks.