Adept is looking for a strong leader and collaborator that can help our fast-growing agency focus on our most important asset - our people. We are excited about investing in this important role that will support our team with professional development, leadership development, growing the right people on the team; helping us go further, faster.
To start, the Talent Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will collaborate with agency leadership to refine and improve our talent management capabilities. As the agency grows, this person will have the opportunity to build a Talent Management team that can support our people as we evolve.
Is this the right opportunity for you?
- Lead agency in the creation of a robust training program across all areas of the agency (hard skills, soft skills, productivity, leadership)
- Provide tracking and visibility to support department managers as they hold their team members accountable for completing their predefined training plan customized to their development needs
- Work with department managers to run talent reviews and build plans to address performance gaps or development needs
- Optimize the process for evaluating candidates’ fit for the organization and culture - including quantitative and qualitative assessments and the overall journey
- Work with hiring managers to improve their interviewing skills, potentially using our third party recruiting partners to assist
- Work closely with recruiting firms to identify which firms are best suited for which positions
- Create a program where we can more efficiently promote job openings online
- Build an effective referral program that would help us reduce our reliance on external recruiters
- Evaluate and improve the onboarding process
- Create and manage the process for holding managers accountable for development plans being updated regularly and consistently reviewed with team members
- Create centralized visibility to management tools and ensure proper implementation by all managers
- Act as a sounding board for ideas and concerns
- Create a mentorship program
- LMA group oversight and management
- Oversee the social committee programming, celebrations, anniversaries, recognition to build out the employee experience
- Ensure company policies are documented, shared and followed by all
- Keep our HR system up to date with appropriate information and documentation
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings and terminations
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Facilities management to enhance the employee office experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
We live and breathe our Core Values:
Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
Connectivity - Trusted, collaborative, dependable
Clarity - Empathetic, understanding, concise
Pragmatism - Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
Storytelling - Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- The company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change
- The company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- A challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- A fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
- We have a full social committee that coordinates 5K runs, book clubs, Adept Talks, happy hour, meditation groups, and events like Top Golf and Fall festivals
- New office space in January 2020 located between Downtown and Grandview
Benefits: Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pet insurance, 401K, PTO, parental leave, paid holidays, work-from-home Fridays, summer hours, expense reimbursement, continuing education, volunteer opportunities, team events, in-office snacks.