Freelance Project Manager:
This role is responsible for project management and coordination of team tasks and deliverables associated with website projects and/or ongoing projects as directed. This role reports to the EVP, Client Experience.
Key Functions and accountabilities for the role include:
Internal Project Management
- Develop and manage project plan with the team leads to execute the plan
- Load project plan, task details and assigned resources into Mavenlink to manage accordingly
- Monitor all tasks in Mavenlink to ensure work is being completed as scheduled.
- Should the project become off track, Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the project is being managed and back on track in collaboration with the team leads. (timing and budget)
- Proactively raise key issues when a project runs the risk of going off track with time or budget with the Client Experience (CE) Leads overseeing the impacted account.
- Document changes against scope that might impact the project delivery against agreed upon statement of work.
- Proactive engagement of the team on a daily basis to support on-going deliverables by participating in the stand-up.
- Ensure clear understanding and proper documentation of functional requirements to meet project goals, and asset collection and distribution to allow team to execute the tasks assigned.
External Project Management
- On-going communication of project status with client, via status report and weekly client status meeting in order to manage expectations and drive project forward.
- Support the CE lead with accurate, timely, detail-oriented status pertaining to project management including financials, risk management/concerns and accurate reporting of project(s) health being managed in order to ensure client satisfaction
- Have a keen understanding of client’s business and the impact of the project against client goals in the context of the client’s business.
- Be primary point of contact for IT client supporting project, and ensure liaison between Adept team and client team.
- Act as a secondary point of contact for business client (owner of relationship on client side), by being engaged and communicating on all aspects of the website project.
Content Upload & QA
- Ownership and management of Content Upload (internal and with clients)
- Ownership of QA process
- Collaboration with internal team and client to ensure completion of QA as scheduled in the project plan.
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas, negotiate and problem solve
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills, for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- A professional manner and desire to deliver superb customer service
- An obsessive attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years experience in web project management
Founded in 2008, Adept has grown to be a team of 35+ digital marketing specialists with experts in strategy, SEO, paid media, web design & development, conversion optimization, analytics, video production and content development. Adept has been named a Central Ohio Top 10 Agency, according to Columbus Business First, and our growth over the years has earned us a place on The Agency Post’s list of fastest-growing companies, three times to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fast-Growing Companies, and four times to Central Ohio’s Fast 50.
While some agencies specialize in a certain industry, a marketing channel, or a particular digital tactic — we specialize in growth. Internalizing each business and its goals, we build collaborative relationships with our clients around data-driven marketing that delivers measurable results. It’s an approach that enables us to work with growth-minded brands across a variety of verticals — including healthcare, retail, education, finance, construction/engineering, real estate, and professional services.
We live and breathe our Core Values:
Autonomy – Problem solving, leading
Connectivity – Trusted, collaborative, dependable
Clarity – Empathetic, understanding, concise
Pragmatism – Data-driven, realistic, results-oriented
Storytelling – Engaging, visual, inspiring
- One of the top 10 agencies in Central Ohio
- Fast-paced and rapidly growing company
- We work with a variety of clients and brands across multiple industries
- We believe in the work we do - we think of our client’s business as our business
- Company recognizes and rewards high performers for their contributions
- With autonomy comes ability to drive change. We are anti-status quo and thrive on change • Company runs on EOS®
- Smart and talented team who do not settle for mediocrity
- We enjoy spending time with each other!
- Freedom to share ideas, implement change, and improve processes- each person has an opportunity to add value
- Leadership is easily accessible and really cares about the employees– people are the priority
- Challenging but rewarding position which gives you the opportunity to learn something new every day and grow professionally
- Able to make an impact on Adept as well as impact our client’s business
- Fun culture that offers flexibility
- Lots of perks! In-office snacks and drinks, work-from-home-Fridays and half-day Fridays in the summer
- We have a full social committee that coordinates 5K runs, book clubs, Adept Talks, happy hour, meditation groups, and events like Top Golf and Fall festivals
- New office space in January 2020 located between Downtown and Grandview